NaturePlus Omega-3 and GLA capsules are designed to work with the body to maintain health and support wellness.
The Omega-3 fatty acid is from Organic Flaxseed which contains a high content of Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). The Gamma Linolenic Acids (GLA) is from Borage Seed Oil, which is an Omega-6 fatty acid.
Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are essential nutrients necessary for the maintenance of good health. The word ‘essential’ means the body needs it but cannot make it, which means they must be obtained through our diet from food sources or from supplement.
Our body cannot make ALA, so by definition it is the true essential fatty acid in the Omega-3 family. From ALA the body can manufacture other omega-3 fatty acids such as Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Anti-inflammatory properties of borage seed oil
Borage seed oil, unlike many of the oil in the Omega-6 family contains GLA. GLA is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). These are often referred to as the good dietary fats.
Dietary fats are the building blocks of lipids, making them important sources of energy for the body and the main components of our cell membranes.
One of the main criteria for our essential fatty acid products is purity and freshness. Our guarantee is that every capsule contains only pure fatty acids that are freshly extracted from oil seed grown in New Zealand. Natural Vitamin E is added as an antioxidant to preserve the freshness of the oil.
The fresh oil is immediately encapsulated to capture its freshness. We do not use oil off the shelf. We also do not add other oil or preservative to our capsules. Only freshly extracted top quality fatty acid is good enough for us.
Each Omega-3 and GLA Capsule is 1000mg (1 gram).
Who might benefit from these Omega-3 and GLA capsules?
- In general everybody needs essential fatty acids
- This product is particularly suitable for:
- People who experience joint pain or stiffness
- People who are prone to skin disorders
- People who are constantly on low fat diets
- Particularly elderly people, as essential fatty acids provide lubrication for the joints and help with circulatory function. The GLA in this formula may help reduce inflammation and pain
- Children, teenagers and young adults – as essential fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function as well as normal growth and development.